[INDOLOGY] Mahabhasya-Pradipa-Prakasa of Pravartakopadhyaya

Jo Brill josephine.brill at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 12:23:30 UTC 2014

Dear Professors Deshpande and Chevillard,

In trying to learn the full extent of K. V. Abhyankar's publications, I
just happened across his review of an earlier work by M. S.
Narasimhacharya. The review is more about the work than the author, but
here is the citation in case it may be of use. The Annals (truly a treasure
trove) readily yield more reviews of Narasimhacharya's work (including the
one first mentioned) so I've included a couple of those as well.

May I ask, do you suppose it could be V. S. Abhyankar to whom Dr. Filliozat
refers? How astonishing! Or perhaps an earlier member of that learned
family?

Best regards to all the list,
Jo

MAHĀBHĀṢYA PRADĪPA VYĀKHYĀNĀNI (Vols. I and II) by M. S. Narasimhacharya
Review by: K. V. Abhyankar
Annals of the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Vol. 56, No. 1/4
(1975), pp. 245-246.

MAHĀBHĀṢYAPRADĪPAPRAKĀŚA par Pravartakopādhyāya by M. S. Narasimhacharya
Review by: G. B. Palsule
Annals of the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Vol. 71, No. 1/4
(1990), pp. 376-377.

COMMENTARIES SUR LE MAHĀBHĀṢYA DE PATAÑJALI, et le Pradīpa de Kaiyaṭa,
Mahābhāṣya-Pradīpa-Vyākhyānāni, III (Adhyāya 1, Pāda 1, Āhnika 8-9), IV
(Adhyāya 1, Pāda 2-4) by M. S. Narasimhacharya
Review by: S. D. Joshi
Annals of the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Vol. 60, No. 1/4
(1979), pp. 286-288.