[INDOLOGY] Mahā bhā ṣ ya-Pradī pa-Prakā ś a of Pravartakopā dhyā ya

Jean-Luc CHEVILLARD jean-luc.chevillard at univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Nov 28 08:54:54 UTC 2014

There is an interview of Pierre-Sylvain Filliozat
in The Hindu dated 27 november 2014.

The link is:

"http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/interview-with-dr-pierre-sylvain-filliozat/article6639706.ece?ref=sliderNews"

The title is "Paninian from Paris".

The interview contains three reference to M. S. Narasimhacharya,
in the passages which read:

«Filliozat studied classical languages in Paris, and Vyakarana and
Saiva agamas in Pondicherry, under M. S. Narasimhacharya and N.R.
Bhatt, respectively. He learnt about Visishtadvaita too from
Narasimhacharya.»

«“Someone like my teacher Narasimhacharya, had no difficulty following
any of this, because he had committed the Sutras to memory. But if you
are using a book, you will have a tough time.”»

-- Jean-Luc Chevillard

P.S. in case the WebMail through which I am sending this has messed up
with the diacritics, I apologize in advance.

On 26/11/2014 22:18, Madhav Deshpande wrote:> I have been reading the