Re: [INDOLOGY] Lévi (1923, 1925)

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 04:28:44 UTC 2014

The pdf files are now online at:

https://archive.org/details/Levi1923PreAryenEtPreDravidien
https://archive.org/details/Levi1925PtolemeeNiddesaBrhatkatha

Those who prefer to read the first in English may find it here: https://archive.org/details/prearyanandpredr035083mbp. (Somebody else furnished that one.)

I can report that the basic uploading process is very quickly done; it is entirely up to the uploader what metadata are filled in, so I have used some of the same descriptors as figure in Zotero. I don't know why some of the metadata get placed in one place in the interface, while other in another.

I also don't know why the pages cannot be read in the online reader (at least not on my side), but I assume at least the pdf files can be downloaded.

It would be nice to have all of Lévi's articles online like this. But it still feels like a bit too much overhead for each of us to engage in randomly, all the more so because I believe that Archive.org does not effectively control against duplicates of works that have already been uploaded. Maybe we could vote on which Indologists deserve most to be honored with attempts at furnishing their entire lists of publications at Archive.org (I suppose focusing on those from whom  a Kleine Schriften or such has never been compiled), and then work in little groups on individual authors?

Best,

Arlo Griffiths