[INDOLOGY] Sukumari Bhattacharji

Rosane Rocher rrocher at sas.upenn.edu
Sun May 25 19:07:40 UTC 2014

Dear Colleague,

Thank you for sharing this sad news and for your sketch of the life of
Sukumari Bhattacharji.  She reached out to us when we were on a
nine-month research stay in Calcutta in 1969--1970 and she was full of
the impending publication of her /Indian Theogony/.  We visited with her
on subsequent stays in Kolkata, one of which times caused us to ride the
Metro for the first time.  In addition to being a dedicated scholar, she
was a strong woman and a lady.

Rosane and Ludo Rocher