[INDOLOGY] Fwd: sad day

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at uni-muenchen.de
Sat May 24 10:59:17 UTC 2014

For the record: I am from Canada, and I know just what Paolo meant.

His remark does not apply to me. Nor I do not feel any urge to be
indignant on behalf of such unnamed persons to whom it does apply.

There is a saying: "Let him, whomever the shoes fits, put it on." This
shoe doesn't fit me, so I am not putting it on.

Robert

P.S. Let's compare departments of Indian studies in Europe and North
American on the basis of their dependence on outside money (from NRIs,
other private sources) vs. government funding. That would be
Indologically more interesting and could say something about relative
national respect for Indian culture. My bet is that Europe comes out on
top (with Germany as #1). :-)