[INDOLOGY] Vedas: Divisions, Dating and Language

Shyam Ranganathan shyamr at yorku.ca
Fri May 23 04:40:20 UTC 2014

Dear List Members

I am grateful for all the insightful comments that members generously
shared in response to my query. Here are the references:

  * Mimamsa, 2.1 (adhikaranas 7-8 and 10-12) in S'abara and Kuma-rila
  *

    James A. Santucci, "An Outline of Vedic Literature." (AAR) Minnesota: Scholar's Press.

  *

    Frits Staal's *Discovering the Vedas* Penguin, 2008.

  * Witzel and by Witzel and Jamieson, at http://indology.info/papers/
  *

    Michael Witzel, "Tracing the Vedic Dialects" in Colette Caillat (ed.), Dialectes dans les littératures indo-aryennes. Paris: Institut de Civilisation Indienne, 1989: 97-264

Many thanks!
Shyam

--
Shyam Ranganathan, MA, MA, PhD