Re: [INDOLOGY] Hitler's ātmakatha

Dipak Bhattacharya dipak.d2004 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 17:22:42 UTC 2014

Professor Vielle starts <It remains to be studied why this book, so
sulfurously dealt with in Western countries, has been made so easily
available in various Indian languages >. The answer to this question is not
explicit in the first paragraph. I failed to find that in the maze of
pictures and quotations.
But the answer is easy. For some reason the Mein Kampf is  easily available
in the West too. The same reason should hold good for India. I request my
Western colleagues to assert the cause from native experience. There is
nothing special Indian here.
Another case is more interesting. The Kaamasuutra appeared many many times
in newer and newer editions in the West. In India too, but with less
frequency.
The opposite is true of Kautilya's Arthasatra.
The collective psyche might mildly vary. Never mind that
DB