[INDOLOGY] FROG HYMNS AND RAIN BABIES

Gautama Vajra Vajracharya gvvajrac at wisc.edu
Wed Mar 26 16:57:32 UTC 2014

Dear Friends,

Many years ago I wrote an article “The Adaptation of
Monsoonal Culture by Rgvedic Aryans: A Further Study of the Frog Hymn”,  Electronic Journal of Vedic Studies 3 (May
1997), pp. 1-19. Realizing that the components of Monsoon culture are hidden
not only in Vedic literature but also in the artistic expressions of South Asia,
I continued working on the subject in more detail. Now I have a monograph, Frog Hymns and Rain Babies: Monsoon Culture
and the Art of Ancient South Asia (Mumbai: The Marg Foundation, 2013).

I look forward to your feedback.

 Gautama
Vajracharya