[INDOLOGY] Schwa deletion in the medieval/early modern period?

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 12:08:33 UTC 2014

Dear Colleague,

Although I have not read it, I recall that my former colleague whilst I was
at UCLA, Gyanam Mahajan, wrote her PhD on this topic. However, when I
looked in Proquest to track this down I could not easily find an exact
reference... Maybe it is best to contact her directly?
http://www.international.ucla.edu/southasia/person/530

Sorry not to be more help, Jonathan Silk

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Martin Gansten <martin.gansten at pbhome.se>
wrote:

> I'd be grateful for any pointers as to what is known of the history of
> schwa deletion in Indo-Aryan languages -- particularly, whether it had
> begun (and if so, how far it had progressed) in the period between, say,
> 1000 and 1500 CE. This is not my usual field of study at all, so references
> even to the most basic sources would be appreciated.
>
> Martin Gansten

J. Silk
Instituut Kern / Universiteit Leiden
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Johan Huizinga Building, Room 1.37
Doelensteeg 16
2311 VL Leiden
The Netherlands

copies of my publications may be found at
http://www.buddhismandsocialjustice.com/silk_publications.html