Re: [INDOLOGY] Yaśodhara's Jayamaṅgalā commentary on the Kāmasūtra

dhaval patel drdhaval2785 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 03:45:47 UTC 2014

I am not sure about the reliablility of the edition.
This edition doesn't have commentary on the seventh chapter i.e.
aupaniSadikam.
It was recently reprinted by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthana - which has 7th
chapter commentary also.
But taking the fact that RSS chose this edition for reprint - it means that
this would have been one of the best available around.

As far as pictorial depiction is concerned, I read once in a Descriptibe
catalogue that Sarfoji library of Tanjavur has a book on kAmazAstra which
has pictorial depiction of all positions etc. Still I have not been able to
contact the library.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 1:25 AM, Gleb Sharygin <gleb.sharygin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Learned Community,
>
> I wonder if someone could clarify whether the edition in consideration (of
> 1900th) is reliable and whether there are better editions of the text and
> commentary?
>
> With kind regards,
> Gleb Sharygin

Dr. Dhaval Patel, I.A.S