[INDOLOGY] Alchemy metaphor

Christopher Wallis bhairava11 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 22:23:27 UTC 2014

Having looked at White's book The Alchemical Body, I can report that he
frequently takes *vedha *in the sense of "transmute" and
"transubstantiate". Of course, he is not a Sanskritist but an historian of
religion.  Dominik, is it true that vedha is often listed as the
seventeenth samskāra after the 16 rasa-saṃskāras, and is seen as their
fruit?  For such he claims in that book.

best, CW