[INDOLOGY] Hindu Buddha

Walser, Joseph Joseph.Walser at tufts.edu
Thu Jul 3 01:18:48 UTC 2014

There are lots of interesting issues raised by your post that have not been exhausted by scholarship so far. I am at the beach right now and am not supposed to be writing lengthy emails, but I encourage you to look at Nathan McGovern's dissertation. In about 600 pages, he manages to engage most of the major issues in early Buddhist - Brahmin relations... His analysis of the suttanipata material is particularly interesting.
Cheers