[INDOLOGY] New Catalogus Catalogorum - new volumes

Clemency Montelle clemency.montelle at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Jan 31 10:37:24 UTC 2014

To continue this sentiment, I am have just returned from a research trip in Chennai where I, along with other international Sanskrit scholars, visited Prof Dash at the NCC offices and enjoyed a wonderful tour of the premises (not to mention a sneak preview at upcoming volumes!).  The whole enterprise is very impressive and, as you say Dominik, it is an invaluable resource.

During our visit Prof Dash and his team mentioned that they were very eager to receive as much scholarly feedback as possible as they begin to think about revisions.  Furthermore, he told us he was in negotiations with the central administration at the University of Madras regarding  support for further work and that it would be extremely useful for his purposes to get as much evidence as possible regarding how valuable this project to scholars around the world.

If those of you who use the NCC feel so inclined to write an official (paper) letter of support and encouragement I know this would be greatly appreciated and hugely helpful to him.  In order for the project to continue, to begin digitisation efforts, and to revise earlier volumes in the light of many new catalogues that they have, these letters will  help strengthen their case for the university to allocate more financial and human resources and support.

His details are:

Prof. Siniruddha Dash

H.O.D. & Director, NCC Project

Dept. of Sanskrit

University of Madras

Chennai-600005

Siniruddha Dash [siniruddhad at gmail.com]

I'm about to post my letter!

With best wishes,

Clemency

Dr Clemency Montelle
http://www.math.canterbury.ac.nz/~c.montelle/
University of Canterbury | Te Whare Wananga o Waitaha
Private Bag 4800, Christchurch 8140
NEW ZEALAND