[INDOLOGY] Kasyapaparivarta

Paul Hackett ph2046 at columbia.edu
Tue Jan 28 21:42:15 UTC 2014

Dear Dominik,

On Jan 28, 2014, at 8:46 AM, Dominik Wujastyk wrote:

> Since Alexander Staël-Holstein died in 1937, both books are out of copyright and can be freely shared.  Perhaps you could upload them to archive.org for the general weal?

 While I think this is a good idea -- lofting the Staël-Holstein volumes for curated storage -- as I mentioned to Michael Hahn (offlist), I did not produce these PDFs myself, and in preparation to upload them, noticed that they are the result of scanning a mediocre photocopy, resulting in some flaws in the first couple of pages of each volume. Consequently, I would feel a certain obligation to fix the first few pages of each volume so that the most accurate version is available to people prior to uploading copies for wide-spread distribution.
   Since Columbia University Library has copies of both books, I will try to do this later in the week and post something the list afterwards once it is done.

All the best,

Paul Hackett