Re: [INDOLOGY] Periya Tirumoḻi 8.2.2

Tieken, H.J.H. H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Feb 19 08:42:51 UTC 2014

An addendum: I forgot that I discussed Kuṟuntokai 106 also in my book – that much maligned monster, which apparently nobody reads – Kāvya in South India. Old Tamil Caṅkam Poetry. Groningen 2001 (presently available through Brill), pp. 39-40. There, I also quoted Rāmayaṇa 6.103.11:

paśyatas tāṃ tu rāmasya bhūyaḥ krodho'bhyavartata

prabhūtājyāvasiktasya pāvakasyeva dīpyataḥ,

As Rāma looked at her, his anger increased further. He flared up lie a fire into which a great quantity of ghee has been poured.

Herman

Herman Tieken
University of Leiden
The Netherlands