[INDOLOGY] Fwd: International conference commemorating Bhaskaracharya's 900th anniversary

Shrikrishna Dani shrigodani at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 06:30:31 UTC 2014

 Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to inform you that the Indian Society for History of
Mathematics will be
organizing an International conference at Pune, during November 27-30,
2014, which will be hosted jointly by three institutions, the Departments
of Mathematics of the University of Pune and IISER, Pune and the
Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana, Pune. The event will  commemorate the 900 th
anniversary of Bhaskaracharya. The theme will be broad-based, covering a
broad range of topics in history of mathematics of various cultures from
the world. There will also be a session dedicated to the works of
Bhaskaracharya.

Prof. S.A. Katre from the Department of Mathematics, University of Pune,
will be the Convener.

On behalf of the organizers I am pleased to invite you to participate and
contribute to the success of the conference. I trust you will plan on
coming for the confernce. Please do let me have your inputs, and
suggestions regarding the conference. Kindly keep in touch so that we could
let you know more as the arrangements take shape.

I may mention that there is also a tentative plan to hold a short workshop
in Mumbai preceding the Pune event. I will write to you again in this
respect.

I keenly look forward to your participation. Kindly also forward the
information about the conference to others around you who may be
interested, with a copy to bhaskaratwo at gmail.com (so that we could follow
it up from there). Alternatively, if you send the names (with e-mail
addresses if possible) we shall get in touch with them directly.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

With best regards,
S.G. Dani
President, ISHM