[INDOLOGY] Vishnupurana

Peter Schreiner pesch at indoger.uzh.ch
Thu Feb 13 20:39:15 UTC 2014

Dear Indologysts

The publication of the German translation of the Viṣṇupurāṇa provides
the occasion to make the transliterated version of the Sanskrit text as
constituted by the Critical Edition available in electronic form.

It is a great pleasure for me to be able to acknowledge that the
permission to make this electronic version of the constituted text
available has been granted by the authorities of M. S. University of
Baroda and of Prof. M. L. Wadekar, acting director of the Oriental
Institute (email dated September 9, 2012). I wish to express my profound
respect for the work done at the Oriental Institute and my immense
gratitude for the long standing cooperation, support and generosity that
has been accompanying my own work on and with the ViP, from 1975 till
today.

For details about the files (sources, conventions of transliteration,
etc.) deposited in the text archive of the Institute of Indology at the
University of Zürich
(http://www.aoi.uzh.ch/indologie/teaching/textarchive.html) please see
the file "ViPCE_transliteration".

Peter Schreiner