[INDOLOGY] unwarranted digression

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 12 21:57:30 UTC 2014

My comment was to a thread concerning the treatment of Wendy Doniger's work.
Someone then took my comment and began a new thread, with a new name, on the basis of it.
I had no desire to begin a thread on the present subject, which has been
tiresomely rehashed in discussion after discussion.

My sole concern was with censorship in India, which has a clear and immediate pertinence.

If any of you really wish to spin round and round over the nazi question,
be my guests.

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago