[INDOLOGY] MSS in Sarasvati Bhavan Library

Smith,Travis LaMar tlsmith at ufl.edu
Wed Feb 5 17:42:27 UTC 2014

Dear Martin and All,

I would gladly sign such a petition: I've also found SBL very difficult to work with directly, and I eventually gave up trying. But to clarify one point in Martin's original query: while you do need written permission from SBL (as with any other library) to procure copies of their digitized/microfilmed manuscripts, you do not need their permission to read and review them onsite at IGNCA in Delhi. This is of course helpful in determining which MSS copies - and at which librarie - are worth mounting a chase for.

All best,
Travis
--
Travis L. Smith