[INDOLOGY] Origin of the term "Indology"

Hock, Hans Henrich hhhock at illinois.edu
Fri Aug 22 14:45:35 UTC 2014

Cher Jean-Luc,

Merci, merci, merci!  (I had to override my computer’s rewrite of merci as mercy, which would have yielded a different, but interesting reading)

There is also everybody’s favorite source of information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Institute_of_Pondicherry.  Note also http://facdeslangues.univ-lyon3.fr/presentation/departements/indologie/ (département d’Indologie, Lyon).

Looks like the power of the Académie Française to regulate lexical choices is not infinite.

Cheers,

Hans Henrich