[INDOLOGY] Failed Guimet musée nationale des arts Asiatique exhibt

Benjamin Fleming fleming_b4 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 21:50:42 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,
Does anyone here have any connection to the Guimet musée nationale des arts Asiatique in Paris? Specifically I am trying to get in touch with someone that may have been involved with the failed exhibit, "Art of the Ganges Delta," in 2008, showcasing artifacts from the National Museum of Bangladesh among other institutions. There was a catalogue published for it, despite never coming to fruition.
Any publications, journalistic or otherwise, about the circumstances of the failure would also be greatly appreciated.
I am currently working on an article about my manuscript project in Bangladesh which ran into some similar problems. So far I have primarily surfaced one-sided accounts of the demise of the exhibit, but nothing from the French side.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best Wishes,
Benjamin
--

Benjamin Fleming, Visiting Scholar, Dept. of Religious Studies; Cataloger of Indic Manuscripts, Rare Book & Manuscript Library;University of Pennsylvania 249 S. 36th Street, 201 Claudia Cohen HallPhiladelphia, PA 19104 U.S.A. Telephone - 215-900-5744http://www.sas.upenn.edu/religious_studies/faculty/fleminghttp://www.sas.upenn.edu/~bfleming https://twitter.com/Indic_MSS