[INDOLOGY] Fwd: Yahoo's Blunder Impacts Mailing Lists Worldwide

Jean-Luc Chevillard jean-luc.chevillard at univ-paris-diderot.fr
Thu Apr 10 18:54:10 UTC 2014

Dear Dominik,

thanks for the information.

That explains why, yesterday, as the OWNER of the mailing list called
CTAMIL (hosted by one CNRS server), I received an automatic message for
which the subject line was:

"WARNING: bounce rate too high in list ctamil"

The message said

Bounce rate in list ctamil is 48.2.

You should delete bouncing subscribers

I did not delete any subscriber
but I immediately started to reset
the error level of 48% of the list members :-(

Each one of them had ONE BOUNCE.

After that, I crossed my fingers, hoping not to have to do it again :-)

I am glad to know there was a REASON

Cheers

-- Jean-Luc