[INDOLOGY] Text and photo sought

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 2 14:34:13 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues

Does anyone have access to a text of the Nṛsiṃha Carita (or Caritra), by a poet called Yuga Das or Yuga Das Kondh, said to be an 18th century work concerning the origins of the worship of Biḍāla Narasiṃha, the cat-headed form of the avatāra, at the Nrusinghanath Temple, Baragarh, Orissa?

I would also be grateful for a good photograph of the main image of this temple, as the only one I have been able to find online is small and unclear (and peeping out from behind a lot of garlands etc).

With thanks -

Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK