[INDOLOGY] Sagar Journal Call for Papers

Sagar Journal sagarjournal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 16:39:56 UTC 2013

Sagar: A South Asia Research Journal was established in 1993 and is
published annually by The South Asia Institute at the University of Texas
at Austin. Sagar publishes innovative academic writings in the humanities
and social sciences of South Asia, as well as critical translations of
texts from South Asian languages to English. As of 2012, we transitioned to
a peer-reviewed evaluation process. Articles and translations are blindly
evaluated by an editorial board of advanced scholars in the field. Online
essays are blindly evaluated by our editorial collective of UT graduate
students in consultation with our editorial board.

We are now accepting submissions for:

(1) Full-length research articles: Full-length-articles should be between
8,000 and 10,000 words and should include a one-paragraph article abstract.
Deadline: Oct. 28, 2013.

(2) Original translations: Translations should be between 3,000 and 6,000
words and should be preceded by a 1300-1600 word introduction that
contextualizes the text or excerpt. Deadline: Oct. 28, 2013.

(3) Online essays: Online essays should be 1500 words or less, and where
applicable should include images and/or links to relevant images and
recordings to which you are responding. The essay allows for reflection on
images, speeches, exhibits, performances, architecture, songs, and the
like. Here, we are not looking for responses to scholarly writings (i.e.
book reviews); rather, we encourage scholars to intervene with timely
future scholarly projects. Submissions are accepted year-round. Please
submit Microsoft Word file electronic copies of papers. Manuscripts should
follow the 16th edition of The Chicago Manual of Style. Entire essays,
including block quotations and notes, should be double-spaced. Remove any
identifying information so that submission is suitable for anonymous
review.

Send electronic manuscripts and/or questions to: sagarjournal at gmail.com.
www.sagarjournal.org

--