[INDOLOGY] Garbha upanishada

Ulrich T. Kragh utkragh at hum.ku.dk
Wed Sep 4 09:33:08 UTC 2013

Victoria Lysenko wrote:
>could anyone provide me with a pdf copy of the Garbha upanishada
>or of some other ancient Sanskrit text on embriology, if any.

Dear Victoria and List,
For Buddhist sources on embryology, you might find helpful new research by Nobuyoshi Yamabe and Robert Kritzer in the 2013 edited volume "The Foundation for Yoga Practitioners", Harvard Oriental Series vol. 75. The articles can lead you to further bibliographical references in terms of Indian Buddhism and embryology.

The book ought to be available at the library of the Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences or at some other Moscow Indologist library connected with Dr. Alexander A. Stolyarov.

Best, Tim

Dr. Ulrich Timme Kragh
Leiden University