[INDOLOGY] Devanagari keyboard

Hock, Hans Henrich hhhock at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 13 21:55:35 UTC 2013

Does this work on the Mac version of Word? Where would I find the Word keyboard?

Still puzzled,

Hans

Hans Henrich Hock

On 13 Nov 2013, at 15:03, Matthew Kapstein wrote:

Thanks, everyone, for your input (no pun intended) on this.

Though nothing so far has revealed a perfect fix for devanagari in MS-Word, the
hint about the "f" led me to try the virama in the microsoft devanagari keyboard,
which is the "d". This worked perfectly. Thus, to type क्त्य, one just has to type k + d + l + d + /.
Easy enough, but perhaps not so intuitive. In any event, it does indeed seem possible to
type Sanskrit devanagari in Word without the conjuncts falling apart.

Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago