[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit syntax

dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk
Sat May 25 10:07:10 UTC 2013

I'm another admirer. I have a beautifully printed, sturdily bound and much used
Japanese reprint (Rinshen-Shoten Bookstore, Kyoto, 1968). Speyer is so methodical
that his statements still make sense despite changes in linguistic theory, so long as
you understand his dated, Latin-based terminology; and he balances Paninian
prescriptions with observations of actual texts.

Dermot Killingley
Newcastle