[INDOLOGY] mAtAjI

Patrick Olivelle jpo at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Wed May 22 21:27:30 UTC 2013

I have seen and translated this or similar verse, but cannot put my finger on it. The issue, however, is NOT about speaking about about "seeing"  -- that is regarding. In the verse I have seen the locatives are given as accusatives: mātṛvat paradārañ ca etc. Also the last pāda, as I remember it runs: yaḥ paśyati sa paśyati -- one who sees (this way), truly sees.

Patrick