[INDOLOGY] Another Indological Kickstarter project

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sat May 18 08:43:43 UTC 2013

Our colleague Michael Slouber has launched a project page on
Kickstarter<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1326752800/tantric-medicine>to
help him get him finalize a book manuscript on the Garudam medical
tradition for submission.

As with the earlier, successful Kickstarter project by Jim Mallinson and
Mark Singleton, to write The Roots of
Yoga<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/36604121/the-roots-of-yoga-a-sourcebook-from-the-indian-tra>,
I find this new method of crowd-sourcing funding for academic work exciting
and interesting. I think it has a real place as a supplement to more
familiar methods of fund-raising through applications to centralized
finance sources controlled by the bureaucracies that we all love to hate.
​  ​
I might try it myself some time
​ (but Kickstarter is only available in the USA and UK at present).​

I have donated to
​Michael's project and I wish him great success.

Best,
Dominik