[INDOLOGY] Fwd: metre help - timely.

Christopher Wallis bhairava11 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 18:24:13 UTC 2013

Dear list members,

I am having quite a bit of trouble identifying the metre of a dhyāna-śloka
of Śāradā. It's mystifying me, but then I am not an expert in metrics. At
23 syllables per hemistich, I assume it must be a Jāti-type metre (measured
in mātras), but I can't seem to identify it. Here is the verse and the
scansion, any help would be much appreciated!

śakticāpaśaraghaṇṭikāsudhāpātra-ratna-kalaśopalasat-karāṃ <|>
pūrṇacandra-vadanāṃ trilocanāṃ śāradāṃ namata sarvasiddhipradām ||

- u - u u u - u - u - - u - u u u - u u - u -
- u - u u u - u - u - - u - u u u - u - u u -

u = laghu
-  = guru

best,
Christopher Wallis