[INDOLOGY] Site coordinates (again)

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be
Tue Mar 26 17:55:57 UTC 2013

If I remember well, the Corpus topographicum Indiae antiquae (2 vols issued, see references below) gives the geographical coordinates.
Best wishes,
Christophe Vielle

Le 26 mars 2013 à 18:36, Corinna Wessels-Mevissen a écrit :

> Dear François and Dominik,
>
> For Kayatha I found the following coordinates in A. Ghosh (ed.): An Encyclopaedia of Indian Archaeology, Leiden 1990 (Vol. II, p. 217):
>
> 23°14'; 76°2' (District Ujjain).
>
> The other sites are not included here. I suppose, while going through the journal "Indian Archaeology -- A Review" published by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), that one will be able to find them. It is not within my reach now. Alternatively you could write to the ASI.
>
> Best,
> Corinna

Christophe Vielle
Louvain-la-Neuve

Editor, Publications de l'Institut Orientaliste de Louvain series
- Last Indological issues: PIOL nos 53, 60
- Still available: Mahāprajñāpāramitāśāstra (vols 1-2-3-4-5),  Asaṅga's Mahāyānasaṃgraha, Vimalakīrtinirdeśa, Lamotte's History of Indian Buddhism, etc.