[INDOLOGY] John Brough's 1980 article on Pali sak?ya niruttiy??

Stella Sandahl ssandahl at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 18 16:26:23 UTC 2013

Dear Christoph, Madhav and others,
There is a neglected and very original interpretation of sakaya niruttiya (sorry about the lacking diacritics- mea culpa!) by Ronald Morton Smith:
"What Was One's Own Language? Vinaya 2.139"  published in Contacts between Cultures: South Asia 2 (Selected Papers from the 33rd International Congress of Asian and North African Studies (Toronto, August  15-25, 1990) Lewiston 1992,  Ed. K.
L. Koppedrayer, p. 240-241.
Best
Stella
--