[INDOLOGY] Mr N. P. Jain

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Thu Mar 7 14:19:12 UTC 2013

It is said to hear the passing of a good friend, Narendra Prakash Jain.  I
had many occasions to meet him in person and enjoy his hospitality.  He was
a generous man who once offered to send money to my mother in Pune during
an emergency situation.  We will miss him.

Madhav Deshpande

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Patrick Olivelle <jpo at uts.cc.utexas.edu>wrote:

> I too am saddened to bear this. NP was very cordial -- so many times Suman
> and I have had lunch upstairs in their "restaurant" serving a large
> extended family.
>
> Patrick
>

> On Mar 7, 2013, at 2:46 AM, Dominik Wujastyk wrote:
>
> Sad news for those of us who have enjoyed N. P. Jain's friendship,
> hospitality and support over the years, not to mention his exceptional work
> in promoting indological studies.  He will be fondly remembered.
>
> Dominik Wujastyk

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor of Sanskrit and Linguistics
Department of Asian Languages and Cultures
202 South Thayer Street, Suite 6111
The University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1608, USA