[INDOLOGY] Query

Patrick Olivelle jpo at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 7 02:08:25 UTC 2013

Thanks to Ashok and Suresh for their thoughts. Unfortunately, this refers to a document where the year in which it is executed has to be written down. So a day of the gods (according to the yoga theory) or rain does not fit the bill. I thought of something like the Jupiter Cycle of 60 years, each of which has a specific name, but devavarṣa is not one of them!!

Patrick