[INDOLOGY] dacoits, bandits, thugs and other unsavory characters

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 03:51:14 UTC 2013

9 6 13
As a
secondary task I have collected data on the dangers on the road mentioned in
the Atharvaveda, particularly the Paippalāda-Saṃhitā in course of editing the
text. As far as I understand they do not exclude reference to highway robbers. These
have not yet been published, but I shall try to add the required information in
the Introduction to the 4th volume which, depending on the
publishers, might be published in not too distant a future. I may assure that
the AVP is richer than the RV or AVŚ in this regard.
Best
DB