[INDOLOGY] Prof. Shivaram Dattatray Joshi, 15-8-1926 - 29-7-2013

Rosane Rocher rrocher at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Jul 29 13:32:03 UTC 2013

I had the privilege of reading privately the Maha-bha-s.ya with S. D.
Joshi in December 1963, when I was working on my doctoral dissertation
(on the 14th a-hnika).  In addition to the clarity of his comment, I
enjoyed participating in a tradition of oral instruction of vya-karan.a
of which he was a master.  He remained a dear friend and an example of
positive scholarship.

Rosane Rocher