[INDOLOGY] Indology in Bologna 1900-1903 AD (and Paul-Emile Dumont)

Svevo D'Onofrio svevo.donofrio at unibo.it
Tue Jul 16 11:54:12 UTC 2013

Dear Klaus,

I cannot be 100% sure of course, but I think that source might be incorrect.
According to several other sources, including the original files from the Senate of Italy linked below (Pullé was also a senator of the Kingdom of Italy), Pullé was first "Full professor of Sanskrit and Comparative history of the classical languages" in Padua from June 3rd 1886 to 1889; then "Full professor of Sanskrit" in Pisa only for a few months, starting June 20th 1889; and eventually "Full professor of Indo-European Philology" in Bologna from October 23rd 1899 to 1925.
In fact, he established the "Gabinetto di Glottologia Sperimentale" (later renamed "Istituto di Glottologia", then "Dipartimento di Studi Linguistici e Orientali" and currently "Dipartimento di Storia, Culture e Civiltà") in Bologna already in 1902.

Link: http://notes9.senato.it/web/senregno.nsf/8c58c55c1230e7f8c125703d002fe257/2391e204b65f91bf4125646f005ec7a0?OpenDocument

Best,
Svevo

Svevo D'Onofrio

PhD, Research Fellow
Lecturer in Sanskrit Language and Literature
University of Bologna
Department of History, Cultures and Civilizations
via Zamboni 33 - 40126 Bologna, Italy
Tel: +39 051 2098469
Email: svevo.donofrio at unibo.it