Re: [INDOLOGY] [ctamil] Jeanne Hein passed away …

cristina hotmail cristinamuru78 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 13 16:14:46 UTC 2013

Dear Prof. Rajam,

I am deeply touched to learn of the passing of Mrs Jeanne Hein. I never met her and I only was in touch with you through mail, but I kindly ask you and her family to accept my most sincere condolence and deepest sympathy on this big loss.
I am glad that you were able to publish your precious book on Henriques, and I can only say thank you to you both for the valuable contribution you gave to Tamil scientific community with your work.

Kind Regards,

Cristina Muru

Il giorno 10/lug/2013, alle ore 01:11, Rajam ha scritto:

> Friends,
>
> My apologies for the cross-posting but I thought it is alright at the moment, given the nature of the information.
>
> It is with deep sadness I report the passing away of Mrs. Jeanne Hein, wife of Professor Emeritus Norvin Hein (Yale) and my friend-collabortaor of the book we recently published, "The Earliest Missionary Grammar of Tamil" by Harvard University Press. Jeanne was suffering from the Alzheimer's for the past four years, and passed away at the age of 94 on Saturday (July 6) night at home in Bethany, New Haven, and was at peace, as anyone would wish. Services are on Saturday, July 20th.
>
> The knowledge of the old 16-th Century Latin and Portuguese, Early Missionaries and Church History in India, etc., etc., … all accumulated in her smart brain is all gone now. There's no one now to tell us about it any more. Thankfully, we have captured a small amount in our book. I have no words to express the pain of my loss.
>
> With regards,
> V. S. Rajam

Dr. Cristina Muru
Dip. DISTU