[INDOLOGY] Astavakra Samhita

James Hegarty hegartyjm at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 3 07:11:43 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I have been translating the Astavakra Samhita for students recently. I have also translated the, very different, material from the Mahabharata.

I am working from an Advaita Ashrama edition, but I know nothing about the lower criticism of the text.

Can anyone direct me to work on this topic? Are there any other places that I might find the Astavakra narrative?

I would like to work with manuscripts as well, as this make the topic more interesting for students. Does anyone have any digitised manuscripts of the text?

Thanks in anticipation,

Best Wishes,

James Hegarty
Cardiff University