Re: [INDOLOGY] Śākadvīpīya brahmans

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 09:56:03 UTC 2013

I just remembered that in the late eighties or the nineties Prof. B.N.Mukherjee discovered some evidence of the presence of Sakadviipii Brahmins in Bengal at the close of the ancient period, perhaps 2nd or 3rd century CE. Professor Mukherjee was not in good health when I last tried to contact and was not available for communication.
DB