[INDOLOGY] The "My post to INDOLOGY list didn't appear" problem.

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:25:40 UTC 2013

Dear INDOLOGY members:

There is a known issue with gmail accounts. Posters who send from a gmail
account will not receive a copy of their posts:

   -
   http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/I+use+Gmail-Googlemail%2C+but+I+can%27t+tell+if+any+of+my+messages+have+been+posted+to+the+list

But you can work around this annoyance.

Note that your outgoing gmail messages are all saved in "Sent Mail" in any
case.  What I've done is set up a gmail filter for my outgoing messages
sent to indology at list.indology.info, giving them an "indology" label.  That
way, they appear alongside incoming INDOLOGY messages that I also filter in
the same way.  If you were really keen to re-read your own mail, you could
also mark them as "unread" so that they would show up in bold.  :-)

Best,
Dominik Wujastyk
INDOLOGY committee