Query

Patrick Olivelle jpo at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Feb 4 14:28:28 UTC 2013

Thanks to all who correctly identified the verse. This is cited, curiously, in a Dharmanibandha text, Devanabhaṭṭa's Smṛticandrikā (Mysore edition, Saṃskārakāṇḍa, p. 27) in support of the importance of local norms and customs with respect to dharma.

Patrick