[INDOLOGY] Pingala Chanda Sutra publisher info

Dipak Durgamohan Bhattacharya dipak.d2004 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 15:16:49 UTC 2013

25 12 13

Dear Friend,

My 1840 Śaka that is 1917 edn too has a damaged title page. I recovered the
reading as

*siddhāntasāmavedatīrthopanāmakena*

*śrīsītānāthasāmādhyāyibhaṭṭācāryeṇa*

*sampādtam*

This is guesswork as we do with damaged/illegible readings in old
manuscripts. The first word *siddhānta *must have been the initial of the
institutionally awarded title. But I did not see anyone else using it. Hope
this helped.

Happy New Year Eve for all

Best

DB