[INDOLOGY] source of upasarga grammar verse?

Ashok Aklujkar ashok.aklujkar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 23:57:16 UTC 2013

The commentator has either used a less commonly known version of the following or combined two originally different verse lines to form a single verse.
The more commonly known version is:
उपसर्गेण धात्वर्थो बलाद् अन्यत्र नीयते ।
प्रहाराहार-संहार-विहार-परिहारवत् ।।
The first line matches with "Through the force of an upasarga, [A verb] takes on a different meaning from its linguistic root."

I have read a line with the meaning "Just as although the water of the Ganges is sweet, [It is] likewise [transformed] by the water of the ocean." somewhere, but cannot recall exactly where. Pl check, if you have not already done so, texts like the following:
Tilaka's Nipatavyayopasargav,rtti published in 1951 by Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanams Press
The anonymous Laghuupasargav.rtti edited by V. Krishnamacharya and published in 1962 by Adyar Libary.
Upasargaartha-candrikaa by Charudeva Shastri.
Lehrschrift über die zwanzig Präverbien im Sanskrit. Kritische Ausgabe der Vim. śatyupa- sargavr. tti und der tibetischen Übersetzung Ñe bar bsgyur ba ñi śu pa’i ’grel pa. (Editionen von Texten der Ca ̄ndra-Schule. Band I). Von Dragomir Dimitrov

a.a.