[INDOLOGY] Publication Announcement

Howard Resnick hr at ivs.edu
Wed Dec 18 03:22:02 UTC 2013

I put in a comma below after the second 'one' to avoid confusion:

Thanks for this great question. Of course one might say that the Gita itself is famously syncretistic, though certainly not metaphysically relativistic. We do have five occurences of 'brahma-nirvana', along with frequent, almost proto-Sankara references to Brahman, such as 13.31: "When one perceives that the state of separate beings stands as one, just from that, one then advances to the brahman expansion." (my translation)
All the best,
Howard