[INDOLOGY] meṭa 'a whitewashed storeyed house' L.

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 16 07:41:40 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,

I am trying to find the source for this "L." entry in Monier-Williams. Normally, one finds a Kośa reference by checking in PW, or if that fails in pw. Neither PW nor pw seems to have been Monier-WIlliams' source, and the Nachträge don't contain this lemma either. So I am at a loss. Can anyone tell me in what source Monier-Williams may have found this word? Or, more interestingly, can anyone tell me where it is attested, whether "lexicographically" or elsewhere?

Thank you. Best wishes,

Arlo Griffiths
EFEO/Jakarta