[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit Dictionary App for iPhone and iPad

Audrey Truschke audrey.truschke at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 22:48:47 UTC 2013

Dear Indology Folks,

This announcement comes courtesy of Harpreet Singh at Harvard. Exciting
news!

*ANNOUNCEMENT: Sanskrit Dictionary App for **iPhone and iPad*

Our national nightmare of lugging around Monier-Williams is finally over.
 We have just released a Sanskrit dictionary app for iPhone and iPad. The
app, developed in the Harvard Innovation Lab, combines three major
dictionaries that are commonly used by scholars of
Sanskrit--Monier-Williams, Apte and Macdonell. In addition, references from
*dhatu-patha* (a collection of verbal roots with final forms) are also
provided, when available. All words can be searched using a Devanagari
keyboard.  Once downloaded, the app does not require internet access to
operate. Special thanks to the faculty in Harvard's Department of South
Asian Studies for their encouragement and support during the app's
development.

More Information: http://www.tinyurl.com/sanskrit-app

If you missed the announcement about classical Hindi app for iOS and
Android, you can learn about it here: http://tinyurl.com/hindi-app