[INDOLOGY] New issue of EJVS (vol.20: 2)

Michael Witzel witzel at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 16 21:41:45 UTC 2013

Dear All,

we take pleasure in announcing another issue of the Electronic Journal of Vedic Studies http://www.ejvs.laurasianacademy.com/
(please set to UTF 8 for viewing):

 Vol. 20 (2013) Issue 2

Vedic asū'rta-, sū'rta-, asūryá-, asūrá-

by

Marcos Albino

ABSTRACT
In this paper I try to show that Vedic asū'rta is an extended exocentric compound based on svàr/sū'r ‘sun’, that it is not a negative formation with the “possessive” suffix –ta, and that sū'rta is a decompositional formation.

I also propose that Ved. asūryá, too, is an extended exocentric compound. Further, I propose that Ved. asūré is an “absence” formation of the type arajjáu ‘without rope.’

The previous issue (vol.20, no. 1) :  The S'āntyudakavidhi in the Atharvavedic Tradition  by Julieta Rotaru