In search of Gy ān Caupa ṛ bo ards

Adheesh Sathaye adheesh1 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 31 23:34:29 UTC 2012

One might also wish to consult the publications (and person) of S. Y. Wakankar, formerly of the Oriental Institute, Baroda, and currently working at the Jain University, Bangalore, who has worked on Ganjipha and other premodern South Asian games, and has a particularly rich knowledge of relevant Skt MSS at Baroda.

Wakankar's works are published mainly in obscure Indian journals and books, and while I don't have any references at the moment, he may be reached easily by email at: <sywakankar at gmail.com>.

And perhaps you have already consulted and seen the Jain boards on display in the museum at the Kailasasagar-suri Gyan-mandir at Koba (Gujarat)? They are a wonderful specimen, and their MSS collection would undoubtedly be a good resource. (see http://kobatirth.org/ for more details).

All best wishes,

Adheesh

----
Adheesh Sathaye