Effects of Title VI cuts in US Area Studies

Andrew Ollett andrew.ollett at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 3 14:23:20 UTC 2012

Actually, Title VI also covers the Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation
Research Abroad (DDRA) program. Many students of Sanskrit (and other
premodern languages) have done research funded through this program. In FY
2011 it was cancelled due to major cuts in Title VI. In FY 2012 Title
VI/Fulbright-Hays received about the same amount of funding as FY 2012, but
the program was suddenly reinstated and awards have been made. Nothing
definite as yet for FY 2013.

See: http://www.nhalliance.org/bm~tags/title-vi/,
http://www2.ed.gov/programs/iegpsddrap/index.html.